- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Offending Christians not deemed newsworthy
Question of the Day
I join Florida Gov. Rick Scott in commending Florida Atlantic University student Ryan Rotela for having the courage to stand up for his faith. I also question why Mr. Rotela’s professor, Deandre Poole — someone who demanded students desecrate the name of Jesus — is still in the employ of the university.
Had the name of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad, been written down, and had students been commanded to stomp on that paper, the entire mainstream media would have been calling for the firing of the professor and a boycott of the school. Unfortunately, Christians have for too long been trained to turn the other cheek at actions offensive to them — and those who don’t do so are labeled right-wing radicals.
Apparently Mr. Scott’s rebuke got Mr. Rotela reinstated in good standing. But as far as I’m concerned, that’s just like letting a shoplifter return the goods and walk free without penalty. We need more people like Mr. Scott and Mr. Rotela — and fewer like Mr. Poole.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF