- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Edwards loving Phoenix after latest win
Question of the Day
AVONDALE, ARIZ. (AP) - Phoenix International Raceway is quickly becoming one of Carl Edwards' favorite tracks.
Edwards ran the first paved race of his career at PIR during the 2001 Copper World Classic and has ended two long winless streaks at the mile oval, including Sunday.
"Each time this place is so special to me," he said.
It's certainly become a drought buster.
In 2010, Edwards ended the longest winless streak of 70 straight races by winning at PIR. Coming off a disappointing weekend at Daytona, he said he would dominate at Phoenix and came through, leading the final 78 laps to end a second 70-race winless streak at the track.
Of course, it's not a streak he wants to continue.
"Hopefully we don't have any more 70-race losing streaks in my career, but if they were to happen, I'll look forward to Phoenix again sometime," Edwards said.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq