- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Edwards loving Phoenix after latest win
Question of the Day
AVONDALE, ARIZ. (AP) - Phoenix International Raceway is quickly becoming one of Carl Edwards' favorite tracks.
Edwards ran the first paved race of his career at PIR during the 2001 Copper World Classic and has ended two long winless streaks at the mile oval, including Sunday.
"Each time this place is so special to me," he said.
It's certainly become a drought buster.
In 2010, Edwards ended the longest winless streak of 70 straight races by winning at PIR. Coming off a disappointing weekend at Daytona, he said he would dominate at Phoenix and came through, leading the final 78 laps to end a second 70-race winless streak at the track.
Of course, it's not a streak he wants to continue.
"Hopefully we don't have any more 70-race losing streaks in my career, but if they were to happen, I'll look forward to Phoenix again sometime," Edwards said.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
- Sebelius adds another Obamacare exemption
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow