- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Sen. Jeff Flake sees GOP presidential contender backing gay marriage
Mr. Flake, Arizona Republican, on Sunday said the shifting political landscape eventually will yield a candidate who backs same-sex marriage and he predicted that candidate would find support within the GOP.
Sen. Rob Portman, Ohio Republican, has announced his support for gay marriage in states that choose to allow such unions, and Sen. Lisa Murkowski, Alaska Republican, says her position is “evolving.” Scores of Democrats in recent weeks have announced their support for gay marriages.
Mr. Flake says he still believes marriage should be restricted to straight couples and said he doesn’t imagine he would change his position.
Mr. Flake spoke to NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again