- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Sen. Jeff Flake sees GOP presidential contender backing gay marriage
WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Jeff Flake says it is “inevitable” that the GOP will see one of its own run for president while supporting gay marriage.
Mr. Flake, Arizona Republican, on Sunday said the shifting political landscape eventually will yield a candidate who backs same-sex marriage and he predicted that candidate would find support within the GOP.
Sen. Rob Portman, Ohio Republican, has announced his support for gay marriage in states that choose to allow such unions, and Sen. Lisa Murkowski, Alaska Republican, says her position is “evolving.” Scores of Democrats in recent weeks have announced their support for gay marriages.
Mr. Flake says he still believes marriage should be restricted to straight couples and said he doesn’t imagine he would change his position.
Mr. Flake spoke to NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.