- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Sen. Jeff Flake sees GOP presidential contender backing gay marriage
WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Jeff Flake says it is “inevitable” that the GOP will see one of its own run for president while supporting gay marriage.
Mr. Flake, Arizona Republican, on Sunday said the shifting political landscape eventually will yield a candidate who backs same-sex marriage and he predicted that candidate would find support within the GOP.
Sen. Rob Portman, Ohio Republican, has announced his support for gay marriage in states that choose to allow such unions, and Sen. Lisa Murkowski, Alaska Republican, says her position is “evolving.” Scores of Democrats in recent weeks have announced their support for gay marriages.
Mr. Flake says he still believes marriage should be restricted to straight couples and said he doesn’t imagine he would change his position.
Mr. Flake spoke to NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.