- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
2013 U.S. Open sectional qualifying sites announced
Sectional qualifying for the 2013 U.S. Open will be held June 3 at 11 sites across the country, the United States Golf Association announced Monday.
Qualifiers from those sites and the international sectionals in Japan and England to be held May 27 will join the field for the U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, Pa., June 13-16.
Woodmont Country Club in Rockville, Md., will host sectional qualifying for the 24th time in the last 25 years. Woodmont is best known in Open qualifying for stellar rounds by Shigeki Maruyama, who shot 58 in 2000, and Olin Browne, who finished eagle-eagle for a 59 in 2005.
Other sectional sites in the U.S. are: Big Canyon Country Club and Newport Beach Country Club in Newport Beach, Calif.; Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club in Bradenton, Fla.; Hawks Ridge Golf Club in Ball Ground, Ga.; Old Warson Country Club in St. Louis, Mo.; Old Oaks Country Club and Century Country Club in Purchase, N.Y.; Brookside Golf and Country Club and The Lakes Golf and Country Club, Columbus, Ohio; Springfield Country Club in Springfield, Ohio; Colonial Country Club in Memphis, Tenn.; Lakewood Country Club in Dallas; and Tumble Creek Golf Club in Cle Elum, Wash.
The international sectionals will be held at Walton Heath Golf Club in Surrey, England and Ohtone Country Club in Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan.
Online player registration for the 2013 Open began Monday at usga.org and continues through April 24.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Glenn Beck takes on Hollywood with big movie production plans
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.