- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
2013 U.S. Open sectional qualifying sites announced
Question of the Day
Sectional qualifying for the 2013 U.S. Open will be held June 3 at 11 sites across the country, the United States Golf Association announced Monday.
Qualifiers from those sites and the international sectionals in Japan and England to be held May 27 will join the field for the U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, Pa., June 13-16.
Woodmont Country Club in Rockville, Md., will host sectional qualifying for the 24th time in the last 25 years. Woodmont is best known in Open qualifying for stellar rounds by Shigeki Maruyama, who shot 58 in 2000, and Olin Browne, who finished eagle-eagle for a 59 in 2005.
Other sectional sites in the U.S. are: Big Canyon Country Club and Newport Beach Country Club in Newport Beach, Calif.; Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club in Bradenton, Fla.; Hawks Ridge Golf Club in Ball Ground, Ga.; Old Warson Country Club in St. Louis, Mo.; Old Oaks Country Club and Century Country Club in Purchase, N.Y.; Brookside Golf and Country Club and The Lakes Golf and Country Club, Columbus, Ohio; Springfield Country Club in Springfield, Ohio; Colonial Country Club in Memphis, Tenn.; Lakewood Country Club in Dallas; and Tumble Creek Golf Club in Cle Elum, Wash.
The international sectionals will be held at Walton Heath Golf Club in Surrey, England and Ohtone Country Club in Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan.
Online player registration for the 2013 Open began Monday at usga.org and continues through April 24.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world