- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
2013 U.S. Open sectional qualifying sites announced
Sectional qualifying for the 2013 U.S. Open will be held June 3 at 11 sites across the country, the United States Golf Association announced Monday.
Qualifiers from those sites and the international sectionals in Japan and England to be held May 27 will join the field for the U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, Pa., June 13-16.
Woodmont Country Club in Rockville, Md., will host sectional qualifying for the 24th time in the last 25 years. Woodmont is best known in Open qualifying for stellar rounds by Shigeki Maruyama, who shot 58 in 2000, and Olin Browne, who finished eagle-eagle for a 59 in 2005.
Other sectional sites in the U.S. are: Big Canyon Country Club and Newport Beach Country Club in Newport Beach, Calif.; Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club in Bradenton, Fla.; Hawks Ridge Golf Club in Ball Ground, Ga.; Old Warson Country Club in St. Louis, Mo.; Old Oaks Country Club and Century Country Club in Purchase, N.Y.; Brookside Golf and Country Club and The Lakes Golf and Country Club, Columbus, Ohio; Springfield Country Club in Springfield, Ohio; Colonial Country Club in Memphis, Tenn.; Lakewood Country Club in Dallas; and Tumble Creek Golf Club in Cle Elum, Wash.
The international sectionals will be held at Walton Heath Golf Club in Surrey, England and Ohtone Country Club in Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan.
Online player registration for the 2013 Open began Monday at usga.org and continues through April 24.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014