- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Roseanne Barr a doomsday prepper? Celeb advocates stocking up on water, guns
Actress, comedian and outspoken liberal Roseanne Barr has made some surprising revelations in the past few weeks.
On Sunday, Miss Barr, a former Green Party presidential candidate, tweeted that when things come apart “in america: be prepared by organizing w ur neighbors to grow wholesome food/store water/vitamins/guns.”
Miss Barr then retweeted a response by a female follower: “I tell people to have cash, guns, food, water, meds, etc. Foolish if you don’t have cash.”
The comedian added: “grandmothers: organize your teen youth to protect the young ones and the old ones and grow community gardens if u want 2 survive things.”
Miss Barr has been very critical of President Obama. Within months of his being elected in 2008, she claimed Mr. Obama “has no ideas, no plan and nothing to add other than the cynical pacification of the masses with bedtime stories about hope.”
Just before her prepping tweets, she posted: “Failed senate. failed congress. failed executive branch. failed SC.#wheninthecourseofhumanevents.”
Just two weeks ago, The Washington Times reported several pro-gun tweets by the actress. She soon retweeted The Times article.
“Arm the women of the world-send guns and ammo everywhere-train them to make clean headshots. #howtopreventrape,” she had posted.
The actress has also come out in support of the Occupy movement and even joked about beheading the rich in 2011.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Twitter Inc. names first female board member
- Dad buys $750 Xbox One from eBay, gets photo of the console instead
- 7-year-old chomps down on 2-inch rusty nail baked into Panera Bread cookie
- President Obama acknowledges living with illegal immigrant uncle: report
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
Latest Blog Entries
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
White House pets gone wild!