- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
Schwarzenegger to be executive editor of magazines
LOS ANGELES (AP) - He was the Terminator, then a governor, and now Arnold Schwarzenegger is an editor.
The Los Angeles Times reports (http://lat.ms/13vBGcy ) Schwarzenegger has been named executive editor of Muscle & Fitness and Flex magazines.
It’s a position that the former Mr. Olympia held briefly 10 years ago, after winning California’s gubernatorial recall election. After being criticized for potential conflict of interest, he quit the job.
The Times says Schwarzenegger, who has appeared on the magazines’ covers more than 60 times, will contribute columns and other input.
In a statement, Schwarzenegger says it was publications like Muscle & Fitness and Flex that inspired him to start lifting weights.
The magazines are owned by American Media Inc.
Information from: Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- BRUCE: The power of bossy
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014