European markets were mixed. The dollar was little changed against the euro.
Among other stocks making big moves:
• Select Comfort, a manufacturer of specialty mattresses, fell $3.23, or 15.7 percent, to $17.28 after the company warned that it will likely fall short of its first-quarter goals as a result of lower-than-expected sales.
• Hess gained $2.30, or 3.5 percent, to $68.84 after the company said it would get out of the retail business as well as energy trading and marketing to focus on exploration and production.
• Yahoo! rose 76 cents, or 3.5 percent, to $22.70 after Barclays analysts raised their rating on the stock to “overweight” and increased their price target to $26. The bank says the value of the company’s minority stakes in Alibaba Group and Yahoo! Japan are not fully reflected in the current stock price.
• Apple fell $10.40, or 2.4 percent, to $420. The stock has now fallen 12 out the last 14 trading days and is trading at its lowest in a year.
• Stratasys Ltd., a maker of three-dimensional “printers,” gained $4.56, or 7.1 percent, to $68.82 after its latest results beat analysts’ expectations for the quarter. The company issued a full-year sales forecast that was higher than analysts were expecting.