- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
Arkansas Senate overrides veto of 12-week abortion ban
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — The Arkansas Senate voted Tuesday to override Gov. Mike Beebe’s veto of legislation that would ban most abortions from the 12th week of pregnancy onward.
The Republican-led Senate voted 20-14 to override the veto. The state House has yet to vote on the measure. Each chamber needs only a simple majority to override a veto in Arkansas.
Abortion rights proponents have said they will sue to block the 12-week ban if it’s approved. Its 12-week standard is based on when a fetus’s heartbeat typically can be detected through an abdominal ultrasound.
The Legislature last week overrode Mr. Beebe’s veto of a ban on most abortions from the 20th week onward. That law is based on the disputed claim that fetuses can feel pain by then.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014