- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: President or Artful Dodger?
Did the nation re-elect President Obama in November or the Artful Dodger? The question merits some consideration after a series of incidents in which our president claims to have had no involvement whatsoever.
For example, the details of the sad death of an ambassador and three other Americans in Benghazi, Libya, nearly six months ago still remain obscure. Our commander in chief had no responsibility for the lack of protection prior to Sept. 11, 2012, nor the unavailability of a rapid-reaction force.
I was aghast at the report last week that illegal immigrants being detained prior to deportation had been released because of the impending sequestration -- a measure introduced, incidentally, to reduce public spending because we had failed to produce a budget for more than three years.
"Artful Dodger" Barack Obama claims to have played no part in any of these and several other events despite enjoying all the benefits of his lofty position. President Harry S. Truman was famous for the sign on his desk that read, "The buck stops here." There is no way Mr. Obama could claim such a distinction.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare