- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: President or Artful Dodger?
Question of the Day
Did the nation re-elect President Obama in November or the Artful Dodger? The question merits some consideration after a series of incidents in which our president claims to have had no involvement whatsoever.
For example, the details of the sad death of an ambassador and three other Americans in Benghazi, Libya, nearly six months ago still remain obscure. Our commander in chief had no responsibility for the lack of protection prior to Sept. 11, 2012, nor the unavailability of a rapid-reaction force.
I was aghast at the report last week that illegal immigrants being detained prior to deportation had been released because of the impending sequestration -- a measure introduced, incidentally, to reduce public spending because we had failed to produce a budget for more than three years.
"Artful Dodger" Barack Obama claims to have played no part in any of these and several other events despite enjoying all the benefits of his lofty position. President Harry S. Truman was famous for the sign on his desk that read, "The buck stops here." There is no way Mr. Obama could claim such a distinction.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case