- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Edwards and Johnson disagree on the restart rules
Question of the Day
The Girl Power theme could continue at the Gatornationals next weekend, where Leah Pruett, Alexis DeJoria, Brittany Force and Katie Sullivan will all be looking for their first win of the season.
CHAVEZ’ SUPPORT: Hugo Chavez was a longtime supporter of motorsports, and his Tuesday passing could affect the careers of several drivers currently competing in series around the world.
Formula One driver Pastor Maldonado races with sponsorship support from the Venezuelan government and the PDVSA logo has been on his Williams F1 livery since his 2011 debut.
IndyCar driver E.J. Viso has long had Venezuelan backing, but his PDVSA signage switched to CITGO last season. He moved his sponsorship money to Andretti Autosport during the offseason. Viso also launched the “Team Viso Venezuela” initiative to support young drivers in the Mazda Road to Indy ladder.
Milka Duno, who currently races in the ARCA Series, also had high-profile sponsorship from CITGO when she raced in IndyCar. Her 2013 sponsor in ARCA is CANTV, the leading integrated telecommunications provider in Venezuela.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Inside the sport of hockey from a scout’s perspective
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
For moms, dads, kids, tech heads, travelers, kitchen mavens and everyone else on your holiday gift list
White House pets gone wild!