- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Teixeira out 8 to 10 weeks with wrist injury
Right-hander Phil Hughes made 25 throws at both 60 and 90 feet during his third level ground throwing session after being sidelined two weeks by an upper back bulging disk. He is scheduled to make 10 pitches in his first mound session Saturday, and have a 25-pitch bullpen outing Sunday or Monday.
Hughes‘ status for opening day remains undetermined.
Reliever David Robertson, scratched from his outing Tuesday night due to an achy shoulder, will not make a two-day road trip Thursday and Friday. Left-hander Boone Logan, slowed by a tender elbow, expects to pay catch Thursday and throw off a mound this weekend.
CC Sabathia, the expected opening-day starter, and closer Mariano Rivera, have both been taking part in simulated games.
Sabathia, who had offseason left elbow bone spur surgery, is scheduled for another sim game Sunday. Rivera, coming back from knee surgery, could pitch in his first game Saturday.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again