- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Operation Solomon merits praise
On Tuesday, as part of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee policy conference lobbying effort, I addressed a gathering attended by Rep. Rush Holt, New Jersey Democrat. With regard to the accusation of racism in Israel, I noted that in the entire history of Africa, Operation Solomon, the rescue of Ethiopian Jews by Israel in 1991, marked the only case in which whites have assisted Africans to freedom and provided for their security and economic well-being.
I also mentioned that Israeli pilots risked their lives by rescuing the Ethiopian Jews. They flew jet airliners into a dangerous war zone and landed and took off from antiquated airfields. The nation of Israel deserves a great deal of praise.
East Windsor, N.J.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'