- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Operation Solomon merits praise
Question of the Day
On Tuesday, as part of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee policy conference lobbying effort, I addressed a gathering attended by Rep. Rush Holt, New Jersey Democrat. With regard to the accusation of racism in Israel, I noted that in the entire history of Africa, Operation Solomon, the rescue of Ethiopian Jews by Israel in 1991, marked the only case in which whites have assisted Africans to freedom and provided for their security and economic well-being.
I also mentioned that Israeli pilots risked their lives by rescuing the Ethiopian Jews. They flew jet airliners into a dangerous war zone and landed and took off from antiquated airfields. The nation of Israel deserves a great deal of praise.
East Windsor, N.J.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public