- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
- Joint Chiefs chair Dempsey: Pentagon, VA too slow in merging medical systems
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Operation Solomon merits praise
Question of the Day
On Tuesday, as part of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee policy conference lobbying effort, I addressed a gathering attended by Rep. Rush Holt, New Jersey Democrat. With regard to the accusation of racism in Israel, I noted that in the entire history of Africa, Operation Solomon, the rescue of Ethiopian Jews by Israel in 1991, marked the only case in which whites have assisted Africans to freedom and provided for their security and economic well-being.
I also mentioned that Israeli pilots risked their lives by rescuing the Ethiopian Jews. They flew jet airliners into a dangerous war zone and landed and took off from antiquated airfields. The nation of Israel deserves a great deal of praise.
East Windsor, N.J.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Harris and Madhav Khandekar
Bad science puts rich nations on the hook for trillions in climate liabilities
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over 'ill-judged' comments about Sarah Palin
- EDITORIAL: Motor City meltdown
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- HURT: Postal Service misses address by a whole continent
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Issa: FBI impeding inquiry into IRS targeting of conservative groups