- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
Crosby, Ovechkin, Tavares up for Hart Trophy
NEW YORK (AP) - Three top NHL players are finalists for the Hart Memorial Trophy.
Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby, Washington’s Alex Ovechkin and John Tavares of the New York Islanders are vying for the award.
Crosby finished fourth in the NHL with 56 points despite missing 12 games because of injuries. Ovechkin had 32 goals in 48 games, and Tavares ranked third in the league with 28 goals.
The Hart Trophy is awarded annually to the player most valuable to his team. Members of the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association voted at the end of the regular season.
The winner will be announced during the Stanley Cup final.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014