- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Fla. man dodges police in swamp, encounters alligator
Trying to evade police, a Florida man ran into the jaws of an alligator.
WFLA-TV in Tampa reported Friday that Bryan Zuniga took off on foot after police pulled him over for erratic driving.
Mr. Zuniga disappeared for a few hours, but was later tracked down at St. Petersburg General Hospital, where he was nursing injuries after being bitten by an alligator while hiding in a swamp.
"An alligator took a bite out of crime today," said Cristen Rensel of Pinellas County Sheriff's office. "If the alligator had not bit him or attacked him, he might not have ended up in the hospital."
Cindy Fletcher, who lives in the neighborhood, said that Mr. Zuniga picked a bad hiding spot.
"I just think that is so stupid," Ms. Fletcher said. "Why in the world would you jump in there? There are alligators in there.
"I am sure he learned his lesson," she said. "I think next time he might stop for the police officer."
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Freedom Summit unofficial start to '16 GOP primary
- Eric Cantor falls hard from good graces of conservatives
- Eric Cantor pressured to skip conference by moderate GOP group
- GOP congressman: Empower states to legalize marijuana
- Gov. Jindal: GOP 2016 White House nominee should be a governor
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.