- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
Fla. man dodges police in swamp, encounters alligator
Question of the Day
Trying to evade police, a Florida man ran into the jaws of an alligator.
WFLA-TV in Tampa reported Friday that Bryan Zuniga took off on foot after police pulled him over for erratic driving.
Mr. Zuniga disappeared for a few hours, but was later tracked down at St. Petersburg General Hospital, where he was nursing injuries after being bitten by an alligator while hiding in a swamp.
"An alligator took a bite out of crime today," said Cristen Rensel of Pinellas County Sheriff's office. "If the alligator had not bit him or attacked him, he might not have ended up in the hospital."
Cindy Fletcher, who lives in the neighborhood, said that Mr. Zuniga picked a bad hiding spot.
"I just think that is so stupid," Ms. Fletcher said. "Why in the world would you jump in there? There are alligators in there.
"I am sure he learned his lesson," she said. "I think next time he might stop for the police officer."
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Democrats may win at fundraising but still lose to GOP at polls
- Impeachment talks revving up Democratic base: DCCC
- Boehner says impeachment talk is Democratic fundraising ploy
- Achin' for Akin: Democrats praying for GOP Gaffes in midterms
- GOP 2014: Republican governors cite their economic stewardship
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world