- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Fla. man dodges police in swamp, encounters alligator
Trying to evade police, a Florida man ran into the jaws of an alligator.
WFLA-TV in Tampa reported Friday that Bryan Zuniga took off on foot after police pulled him over for erratic driving.
Mr. Zuniga disappeared for a few hours, but was later tracked down at St. Petersburg General Hospital, where he was nursing injuries after being bitten by an alligator while hiding in a swamp.
"An alligator took a bite out of crime today," said Cristen Rensel of Pinellas County Sheriff's office. "If the alligator had not bit him or attacked him, he might not have ended up in the hospital."
Cindy Fletcher, who lives in the neighborhood, said that Mr. Zuniga picked a bad hiding spot.
"I just think that is so stupid," Ms. Fletcher said. "Why in the world would you jump in there? There are alligators in there.
"I am sure he learned his lesson," she said. "I think next time he might stop for the police officer."
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- CPAC 2014: Despite GOP push on immigration, doubts rampant
- CPAC 2014: GOP optimism, agenda emerge at CPAC
- Debate between libertarians, social conservatives to play out at CPAC
- Rep. Ed Royce: Way to weaken Putin is to mess with his money
- Obama's budget doesn't bode well for compromise: Rep. Paul Ryan
Latest Blog Entries
- Most New Jersey voters say Gov. Chris Christie lied
- Political handicapper: GOP poised to win House seats in 2014
- Axelrod: Christie can recover from the bridge scandal
- ACLJ: Appointment of Obama supporter to lead IRS probe 'troubling'
- Americans support minimum wage increase, extending jobless benefits: poll
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again