- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Hagan takes top Funny Car spot in NHRA in Atlanta
Question of the Day
COMMERCE, GA. (AP) - Matt Hagan raced to the No. 1 qualifying position in Funny Car for the first time since November 2011 on Friday at the rain-delayed Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals at Atlanta Dragway.
Hagan, the 2011 Funny Car champion, powered his Dodge Charger to a track record time of 4.067 seconds at a top speed of 312.86 mph. He will meet No. 16 qualifier Tony Pedregon to open Saturday’s 11 a.m. eliminations.
Shawn Langdon (Top Fuel) and Mike Edwards (Pro Stock) also were No. 1 qualifiers in their categories at the seventh of 24 NHRA races this season.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors