- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
South Korean president fires press secretary for groping D.C. embassy worker
South Korea President Park Geun-hye gave the boot to her press secretary during her much-publicized trip to the United States, after hearing he sexually assaulted a female worker at the nation's embassy in downtown Washington, D.C.
The now-fired press secretary, Yoon Chang-jung, was put on a plane and sent back to Seoul, The Daily Mail reported. Ms. Park, meanwhile, continued her trip from D.C. to Los Angeles. Reportedly, he had been drinking at the time of the incident.
Washington Metropolitan Police described the incident this way: The victim said the suspect "grabbed her buttocks without her permission," The Daily Mail said. And a higher ranking spokesman for the president called it a show of "inappropriate conduct" and charged that Mr. Yoon "harmed the dignity of the nation by being personally involved in a disgraceful event while accompanying President Park in her U.S. visit," The Daily Mail reported.
The victim felt "shame and humiliation," The Chosun Ilbo reported. She called the police, but no arrest was made.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- Military urged to stay away from National Day of Prayer event
- Ole Miss fraternity shut after 3 accused of tying noose on statue of black student
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists' try to erect 'reason station' at city hall
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act — then promotes on Twitter
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.