- The Washington Times - Monday, May 13, 2013

Prosecutors are seeking a six-year jail sentence for former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi on charges he paid for sex with a 17-year-old dancer in 2010.

Accusing him of abusing his office, they also are seeking to ban him from holding public office for life, the BBC reported.

Mr. Berlusconi has faced several legal woes. Last year, he was sentenced to four years for tax fraud, the BBC said. And just last week, he lost his appeal for that case.

In the ongoing case, prosecutors said he invited women to his Milan home for “bunga-bunga” parties as part of a prostitution system that was created for his personal use, the BBC reported. The charges come from his alleged paid sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl from Morocco.

Mr. Berlusconi and the 17-year-old girl have denied the allegations, BBC reported.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide