- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Real diversity overdue at Colorado
Too often universities tout "diversity" but fail to see that it translates to diversity of thought ("Conservatives wanted: Colorado University seeks intellectual diversity at liberal bastion," Web, April 30). The University of Colorado's initiative to seek out conservative professors is refreshing.
As an alumnus, I emphatically agree that liberal thought is pushed on a routine basis. From women's studies classes that bashed men to history professors that showed disdain for Christianity to business school instructors who cited MediaMatters.org as gospel, it was a hostile environment for conservative thought.
No doubt, it will be a long time before there is a balance. In fact, I guarantee the faculty itself will resist this and fight it tooth and nail. The current university is reflective of the city of Boulder itself: 12 square miles surrounded by reality.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- CURL: Obama's foreign policy even worse than his domestic policy
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Jimmy Carter: Dont hurt Russian people with sanctions