- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Real diversity overdue at Colorado
Too often universities tout "diversity" but fail to see that it translates to diversity of thought ("Conservatives wanted: Colorado University seeks intellectual diversity at liberal bastion," Web, April 30). The University of Colorado's initiative to seek out conservative professors is refreshing.
As an alumnus, I emphatically agree that liberal thought is pushed on a routine basis. From women's studies classes that bashed men to history professors that showed disdain for Christianity to business school instructors who cited MediaMatters.org as gospel, it was a hostile environment for conservative thought.
No doubt, it will be a long time before there is a balance. In fact, I guarantee the faculty itself will resist this and fight it tooth and nail. The current university is reflective of the city of Boulder itself: 12 square miles surrounded by reality.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House