- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
Upton returns to Arizona in Braves uniform
Question of the Day
PHOENIX (AP) - Justin Upton felt a little strange entering the visitors’ clubhouse at Chase Field.
That didn’t dampen his excitement about returning to the place where he spent the first six seasons of his big league career.
Upton returned to Arizona with Atlanta on Monday night for the first time since the Diamondbacks traded him to the Braves.
A two-time All-Star, Upton was one of Arizona’s best players, but had been the focus of constant trade speculation over his final few seasons in the desert.
He finally was traded this past offseason in a seven-player deal that sent third baseman Martin Prado to Arizona.
Heading into the three-game series against the Diamondbacks, Upton was leading the NL with 12 homers and was hitting .269 with 21 RBIs.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- DIVEST! Oil is the new apartheid on college campuses
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow