- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Benghazi nonresponse is impeachable offense
Question of the Day
We've seen then-Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton ask, with what seemed like feigned exasperation "What difference, at this point, does it make?" when asked about the State Department's talking points mischaracterizing the Benghazi, Libya, attack of last September. Apparently, it makes a lot of difference, since the CIA's talking points were revised 12 times before Ambassador Susan E. Rice delivered them. Had the attack indeed resulted from a spontaneous, unpredictable demonstration, then the administration's doing nothing in preparation for such violence would be excusable. And such a demonstration run amok may well not have justified mounting a potentially messy military counterforce response.
But the fact is that Benghazi personnel informed the State Department almost immediately that our consulate was under a coordinated terrorist attack and the administration, paralyzed by fear that President Obama's re-election might be somehow jeopardized, did absolutely nothing to save our fellow Americans. The attack lasted seven hours, but it might as well have lasted seven days, because no rescue attempt was mounted, which effectively consigned our people to death. In military parlance, this is callous dereliction of duty. In civilian terms, this falls under "high crimes and misdemeanors," rendering Mr. Obama eminently impeachable. Our president either knew or should have known of the Benghazi attack.
Santa Rosa, Calif.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit