- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Confederate flag, blackface flaps lead Catholic school to expel 4
Caroline Kennedy to serve as juror on crack-cocaine case
Caroline Kennedy, the daughter of John F. Kennedy and niece of Robert F. Kennedy, was selected to serve as a juror on a crack-cocaine-dealing case in New York City, lending high-profile and star status to what normally would move through court as a routine hearing.
Her answers to questions posed to prospective jurors in a Manhattan court already proved headline-grabbing.
She ignored a question from an attorney who wanted to know if she or her family had ever been the victim of a crime, the New York Post reported. She forgot to mention her campaign work for the current district attorney on the case, Cyrus Vance Jr. And she nearly brushed past questions about family histories with drug problems — despite a list of cousins who battled addictions with heroin and cocaine.
“I know … a few people,” the Post reported her as mumbling.
Ms. Kennedy will be a fair juror, said the lawyer for the defendant, Nelson Chatman.
“Absolutely,” she’ll be impartial, said attorney Mark Jankowitz in the Post.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.