- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Caroline Kennedy to serve as juror on crack-cocaine case
Question of the Day
Caroline Kennedy, the daughter of John F. Kennedy and niece of Robert F. Kennedy, was selected to serve as a juror on a crack-cocaine-dealing case in New York City, lending high-profile and star status to what normally would move through court as a routine hearing.
Her answers to questions posed to prospective jurors in a Manhattan court already proved headline-grabbing.
She ignored a question from an attorney who wanted to know if she or her family had ever been the victim of a crime, the New York Post reported. She forgot to mention her campaign work for the current district attorney on the case, Cyrus Vance Jr. And she nearly brushed past questions about family histories with drug problems — despite a list of cousins who battled addictions with heroin and cocaine.
“I know … a few people,” the Post reported her as mumbling.
Ms. Kennedy will be a fair juror, said the lawyer for the defendant, Nelson Chatman.
“Absolutely,” she’ll be impartial, said attorney Mark Jankowitz in the Post.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq