- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Caroline Kennedy to serve as juror on crack-cocaine case
Question of the Day
Caroline Kennedy, the daughter of John F. Kennedy and niece of Robert F. Kennedy, was selected to serve as a juror on a crack-cocaine-dealing case in New York City, lending high-profile and star status to what normally would move through court as a routine hearing.
Her answers to questions posed to prospective jurors in a Manhattan court already proved headline-grabbing.
She ignored a question from an attorney who wanted to know if she or her family had ever been the victim of a crime, the New York Post reported. She forgot to mention her campaign work for the current district attorney on the case, Cyrus Vance Jr. And she nearly brushed past questions about family histories with drug problems — despite a list of cousins who battled addictions with heroin and cocaine.
"I know ... a few people," the Post reported her as mumbling.
Ms. Kennedy will be a fair juror, said the lawyer for the defendant, Nelson Chatman.
"Absolutely," she'll be impartial, said attorney Mark Jankowitz in the Post.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq