- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Bruins, Rangers to carry on Boston-New York lore
The Bruins and Rangers met in the Stanley Cup finals for the first time since 1929. Boston won in six games, taking the finale 3-0 behind the goaltending of Gerry Cheevers, two goals by Wayne Cashman and one by Bobby Orr. The MVP award went to Orr, who had four goals and four assists in the series.
The Rangers pulled off an upset, winning the first-round series 4-1 when they outscored the Bruins 22-11. Boston was hurt by the loss of Phil Esposito for the series to a knee injury in the second game. New York lost in the next round to the Chicago Blackhawks in five games.
“Another New York-Boston series,” Bruins forward Milan Lucic said after Monday night’s 5-4 overtime win over the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 7. “Red Sox-Yankees. Patriots-Giants. The Celtics just played the Knicks. There’s a lot of hatred between the two cities. We’re looking forward to the series.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.