- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Bruins, Rangers to carry on Boston-New York lore
The Bruins and Rangers met in the Stanley Cup finals for the first time since 1929. Boston won in six games, taking the finale 3-0 behind the goaltending of Gerry Cheevers, two goals by Wayne Cashman and one by Bobby Orr. The MVP award went to Orr, who had four goals and four assists in the series.
The Rangers pulled off an upset, winning the first-round series 4-1 when they outscored the Bruins 22-11. Boston was hurt by the loss of Phil Esposito for the series to a knee injury in the second game. New York lost in the next round to the Chicago Blackhawks in five games.
“Another New York-Boston series,” Bruins forward Milan Lucic said after Monday night’s 5-4 overtime win over the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 7. “Red Sox-Yankees. Patriots-Giants. The Celtics just played the Knicks. There’s a lot of hatred between the two cities. We’re looking forward to the series.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again