- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
TCU suspends DE Fields for 1st 2 games of season
FORT WORTH, TEXAS (AP) - TCU defensive end Devonte Fields has been suspended for the first two games of the 2013 season due to an unspecified violation of “university and team policy.”
Coach Gary Patterson announced the suspension of the Big 12 defensive player of the year in a one-sentence statement Wednesday. Patterson didn’t immediately return a message left on his cellphone. School officials had no further comments or details about the statement.
As a freshman last season, Fields had 18 1/2 tackles for losses and 10 quarterback sacks. Along with being voted the league’s top defender, he was the Big 12 defensive newcomer of the year.
The Horned Frogs open Aug. 31 against LSU at Cowboys Stadium. They play Southeastern Louisiana at home the following week.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes