- N.Y. prosecutors: Russian diplomats bilked $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
10 Things to Know About David Beckham
7. YOU’VE SEEN HIM IN HIS UNDERWEAR
New Yorkers got a very good look at Beckham last year, when retailer H&M covered almost the entire side of a midtown building with a picture of him in a pair of boxer briefs. Those who don’t live in New York will have to settle for the steamy ads he’s done for H&M and Armani.
8. HE HAS A MOVIE NAMED AFTER HIM
The 2002 comedy “Bend It Like Beckham,” starring Parminder Nagra, tells the story of a British teenager _ and big Beckham fan _ who defies her family’s wishes to play soccer. A Beckham lookalike makes an appearance at the end of the movie. (Beckham is also mentioned in the 2003 film, “Love Actually” during Hugh Grant’s speech about what makes Britain great. “The country of Shakespeare. Churchill. The Beatles. Sean Connery. Harry Potter. David Beckham’s right foot. David Beckham’s left foot, come to that.”)
9. HE LOVES HIS COUNTRY
Beckham’s 115 appearances for England are the most for a player other a goalkeeper, and he was captain of the Three Lions from 2001-06. He also was part of the group that helped London win the right to host 2012 Olympics, traveling to Singapore for the decisive vote. He was less successful in England’s bid for the 2018 World Cup, which went to Russia.
10. HE’S COMING BACK TO MLS
Beckham has the right to purchase an expansion team in Major League Soccer, and has said repeatedly that he intends to exercise that option when he is done playing.
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- At minimum, a bad deal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
We’re not all having tea with the Queen you know.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
White House pets gone wild!