- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
Capitals say Ovechkin played with hurt left foot
Question of the Day
Ovechkin was hurt during Game 6 of Washington’s first-round playoff series against the New York Rangers, a 1-0 loss on Sunday. The Capitals didn’t explain specifically how their captain got injured, but Ovechkin did get up a bit gingerly after dropping to the ice to block a shot in the first period.
He also played in Game 7 on Monday night, getting credited with 13 hits but only one shot, as Washington lost 5-0 at home and was eliminated.
Ovechkin, who led the NHL with 32 goals during the regular season, scored only once against the Rangers, in Game 1.
He played Thursday for Russia in an 8-3 loss to the United States in the world championships in Finland.
“Couple bruises, but nothing major,” he said.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq