- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Inside the Beltway: Harleys in China
Ten days later, President Obama himself told a town meeting, “Those of you who are watching certain news channels on which I’m not very popular, and you see folks waving tea bags around, let me just remind them that I am happy to have a serious conversation about how we are going to cut our health care costs down over the long term, how we are going to stabilize Social Security.”
By August, then White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters: “I hope people will take a jaundiced eye to what is clearly the Astro Turf nature of so-called grass-roots lobbying. This is manufactured anger.”
And in mid September, Mr. Axelrod had advice for the tea party on CBS: “My message to them is they’re wrong.”
Conservatives are a very rare breed indeed on the roster of college commencement speakers. For the 20th year in a row, Young America’s Foundation has compiled an ideological breakdown of speakers, only to reveal that the podiums are dominated by left leaners. As usual. At the nation’s top 100 colleges and universities, 67 liberals will speak at graduations, compared to 17 conservatives. The other slots are occupied by student speakers, incidentally.
“As tuition and student-loan debt grow at historic rates, what are students getting for their money? An education from leftist professors that — combined with the Obama administration’s policies — has left 53 percent of recent grads unemployed or underemployed. These commencement speakers are just the icing on higher education’s indoctrination cake,” observes Ron Robinson, president of the conservative student interest group.
See the complete list here: YAF.com
“Annoy a liberal: Work hard. Succeed. Be happy.”
Bumper sticker spotted in Plano, Texas
POLL DU JOUR
• 47 percent of Americans believe that gays and lesbians are “born with” same-sex preference.
• 33 percent of conservatives, 48 percent of moderates and 67 percent of liberals agree; 35 percent of Republicans, 48 percent of independents and 56 percent of Democrats also agree.
• 33 percent of Americans overall say the same-sex preference among gays and lesbians is due to their upbringing and environment.
• 48 percent of conservatives, 30 percent of moderates and 15 percent of liberals agree; 49 percent of Republicans, 29 percent of independents and 23 percent of Democrats also agree.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: 'Guns Save Lives Day'
- Inside the Beltway: Conservatives ponder next 'character assassin'
- Inside the Beltway: Americans think U.S. global prestige is fading, Pew poll shows
- Inside the Beltway: Stringent advice from a reporter to Obama on Term 2
- Inside the Beltway: Obamacare team lauds 'private sector velocity' of website repairs
Latest Blog Entries
- Americans just say yes: members of Congress should be subject to random drug testing
- 70 percent of Americans say U.S. has lost world respect; 80 percent of GOP, 56 percent of Democrats agree
- For the gift givers arsenal: politically incorrect guides that praise America
- 70 percent of Americans fear another government shutdown in January when the money runs out
- Are you the parent of a girl? Then you're likely a conservative Republican study says
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Snow storm sucker punch: U.S. hit by winter wave
- Syria mess may spawn 'Islamic emirate' world must deal with, says Iraq's top diplomat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- GORDON: Purging America's military
- Obamacare's bold vision turns murky: Health reform downsized, promises broken
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
White House pets gone wild!