- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Jennifer Lopez: Entertainer named chief creative officer of NUVOtv
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) — Jennifer Lopez is the newly appointed chief creative officer of NUVOtv.
The versatile J-Lo was announced last fall as a creative partner with the English-language Latino network, but her role was solidified Wednesday as NUVOtv held its upfront for advertisers and prepared for a relaunch of its programming in July.
In an interview before the presentation, Miss Lopez said that about two years ago she was approached by NUVOtv to serve “probably more as the face of the network. But once we sat down and I started expressing my point of view about the programming and the network, it grew into something bigger.”
She said that, with the support of her own production company, she will be involved in marketing, branding and program development.
“A network that reflects the modern Latino experience, but in English, must have the quality that everybody has,” she said.
Miss Lopez also will be the subject of a 90-minute biographical special, the network said.
Among the new series announced will be “Gotta Dance,” a behind-the-scenes look at the lives of professional dancers accompanying Miss Lopez on a world concert tour.
Asked if her on-camera presence is likely to extend beyond those programs, she said yes — “if we find a great show that I would star in anyway. But I always want to do what’s right for the network as opposed to using it as a vehicle for myself. That’s not the point.”
Miss Lopez laughed when asked if she would consider returning to “American Idol,” where she spent two seasons as judge on a panel that is currently in turmoil.
“I’m gonna perform there (Thursday) night,” she replied. “I don’t know what else is gonna happen.”
Looking ahead to the July 18 debut of the NUVOtv programming slate, she said, “We’ve given it enough of a facelift to launch, but we know we have work ahead of us.”
Other series announced include “Rodney’s Joy,” a reality show about Grammy Award-winning producer Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins as he takes on a new client — his wife, Joy Enriquez — as well as “Mario Lopez: One on One,” an interview show.
NUVOtv is available in 32 million homes.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq