- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Ken Cuccinelli blazing own path in Virginia gubernatorial campaign
The candidates themselves have turned more recently to unveiling nascent policy outlines — something Mr. Kidd expects will continue past Saturday’s nominating convention.
“In some ways, we can only go up,” he said. “I think we’ll have more substance than we’re giving them credit for.”
Recent polls show a close race, with much of the electorate undecided or unfamiliar with one or both of the candidates months away from Election Day. Dueling surveys released Thursday gave Mr. McAuliffe a 5-point lead among registered voters in a poll from Quinnipiac University, while Mr. Cuccinelli led by 8 points among likely voters in a poll conducted for the conservative advocacy group Citizens United.
Though outside groups are starting to elbow their way in, Mr. McAuliffe is outpacing Mr. Cuccinelli in the money game. The Democrat amassed $6.3 million from July through March and ended that period with about $5.2 million on hand. Mr. Cuccinelli, meanwhile, raised $4.4 million since January 2012 and had nearly $3 million on hand as of March 31, 2013.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Sherfinski covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Michael Bloomberg charts $50M challenge to NRA: 'Got to make them afraid'
- McAuliffe's PAC off to fast start, with $254,000 raised in two weeks
- Virginia Republican Bob Marshall stands by remarks that raise eyebrows
- Obama urged to enforce ban on importing military-style firearms
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Glenn Beck takes on Hollywood with big movie production plans
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.