- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Rookie Conor Daly crashes at Indy 500 practice
Question of the Day
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Rookie Conor Daly wrecked his car coming through the first turn during Thursday’s practice for the Indianapolis 500, the first crash of the month at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Daly came around the first turn, got a little high and spun into the outside wall. The No. 41 car skidded down the track and at one point flew on its side between turns one and two before coming back down. Daly climbed out of the car and didn’t appear to be seriously injured. Track safety officials said he was checked and cleared to drive.
The 21-year-old Noblesville, Ind., native drives for A.J. Foyt. He raced twice last weekend in Spain and didn’t make it onto the track for practice until Monday.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world