- Arkansas voter ID law struck down by state judge
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Bad omen? Italian man crushed to death by John Paul II crucifix
- Company stopped from accepting abortion waste
- Girl surprises Michelle Obama with unemployed dad’s resume
- ‘Harry Potter’ religion class seeks to enlighten students on ‘God, sin, and theodicy’
- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
Rookie Conor Daly crashes at Indy 500 practice
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Rookie Conor Daly wrecked his car coming through the first turn during Thursday’s practice for the Indianapolis 500, the first crash of the month at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Daly came around the first turn, got a little high and spun into the outside wall. The No. 41 car skidded down the track and at one point flew on its side between turns one and two before coming back down. Daly climbed out of the car and didn’t appear to be seriously injured. Track safety officials said he was checked and cleared to drive.
The 21-year-old Noblesville, Ind., native drives for A.J. Foyt. He raced twice last weekend in Spain and didn’t make it onto the track for practice until Monday.
By Tammy Bruce
Only IRS employees could expect rewards for failing to pay their taxes
- Holder cancels appearance in OKC amid angry protests
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Gun control supporters send message to NRA
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Nevada rancher's racial remarks cost him range of support
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014