- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Taylor Swift: Man arrested near singer’s new R.I. home on trespassing charges
Question of the Day
WESTERLY, R.I. (AP) — A Chicago man has been arrested on trespassing charges near Taylor Swift’s new home in Rhode Island.
Westerly police say 22-year-old Luca Vorsteveld was found by an officer at 2:15 a.m. Wednesday on Lighthouse Road, a private drive near the mansion the country star recently bought in the Watch Hill neighborhood.
He told police he was out for a walk, but he was taken into custody when officers determined he had no place to stay in Rhode Island.
Westerly police Capt. Shawn Lacey says there is no indication that Mr. Vorsteveld was ever on Miss Swift’s property.
He was charged with misdemeanor willful trespass and is due in District Court in Wakefield on May 24.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq