- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Taylor Swift: Man arrested near singer’s new R.I. home on trespassing charges
Question of the Day
WESTERLY, R.I. (AP) — A Chicago man has been arrested on trespassing charges near Taylor Swift's new home in Rhode Island.
Westerly police say 22-year-old Luca Vorsteveld was found by an officer at 2:15 a.m. Wednesday on Lighthouse Road, a private drive near the mansion the country star recently bought in the Watch Hill neighborhood.
He told police he was out for a walk, but he was taken into custody when officers determined he had no place to stay in Rhode Island.
Westerly police Capt. Shawn Lacey says there is no indication that Mr. Vorsteveld was ever on Miss Swift's property.
He was charged with misdemeanor willful trespass and is due in District Court in Wakefield on May 24.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq