- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
Busch will understand if Kahne retaliates soon
“Kasey’s come out on the losing end three times,” Johnson said of his teammate. “It’s not like Kyle has an issue; it’s just stuff. I had it with Kurt (Busch) and also Sterling Marlin in 2003-04. It’s no fun when it happens and you have a magnet for (another) car.”
Once a driver starts to have repeated incidents with the same driver, it can be difficult to stop, Johnson said.
“The way I’ve been able to break the cycle is you just have to consciously get away,” he said. “If it goes to the third time, it’s OK, if I see you coming I’m getting the hell out of the way. You have to try to make it stop that way.”
Busch is frustrated beyond the incidents with Kahne. He led 265 of 367 laps at Darlington but a tire problem caused him to fade at the end and finish sixth. It was the 11th time Busch has led at least 200 laps in a Sprint Cup race, yet he’s only won four of those.
“If you lead 260 whatever laps and don’t win, it’s a lost race, it’s gone, it means nothing. It is what it is,” Busch said. “On the flipside, if you can only lead one lap and lead the last one and win any race, I’d have that happen every single week. It’s all about taking home the trophy and the checkered flag, it’s not necessarily about how many laps you lead.
“When you lead all those laps it shows that you’re good, you’re team’s good, you’re car’s good and everything else, but it just goes to show you how much bad luck (Busch) has.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- As Ukraine falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again