- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
5 NASCAR personalities to help children
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) - Sprint Cup points leader Jimmie Johnson, Kasey Kahne and Clint Bowyer, as well as NASCAR team owners Rick Hendrick, Michael Waltrip and Rob Kauffman will be raising money for children.
The Speedway Children's Charities Gala is May 22 in Charlotte and the theme is "Night of Champions." Johnson, Kahne and Bowyer each won a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway last year.
"These men are not only winners on the track; they are winners off the track too, giving back to the Charlotte community as well as the communities where they were raised," Marcus Smith, vice chairman of Speedway Children's Charities, said in a statement.
The mission is to better the lives of area children in need, with benefits going to the Charlotte Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities. The proceeds will be awarded to local nonprofits that assist children.
Fox Sports personality Krista Voda will host the event.
There will be a silent auction for prizes, including a VIP package for a fan to visit to FOX NFL Sunday and meet the game-day crew.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Gates: Obama strategy won't stop Putin
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again