- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Beckham captains PSG in last home game
Question of the Day
PARIS (AP) - With fans chanting his name, David Beckham began his final home game before retirement as captain of Paris Saint-Germain.
The 38-year-old Englishman was given a rousing reception at Parc des Princes before the French League match with Brest. Spectators broke into chants of “Merci, David” when his name was read over the stadium speaker.
PSG’s players walked out to a thunderous reception, with Nirvana’s “Smells like Teen Spirit” reverberating through the stadium. PSG right back Christophe Jallet dyed his hair in the blue, white and red of the French flag while the players all wore next season’s team jerseys.
This was Beckham’s 14th game and fifth start since joining PSG in a surprise move on the last day of the transfer window. He was appointed captain before the game.
PSG clinched the league title last weekend, making Beckham the first English player to win the championship in four countries after title success with Manchester United, Real Madrid and the Los Angeles Galaxy.
The former England captain announced Thursday he is retiring at the end of the season. He has yet to say if he will play in PSG’s last game, at Lorient on May 26.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors