- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
Impressive start has Sato thinking big about Indy
“I’m surprised at what a smart racer he is. Everyone knew he was fast,” Larry Foyt said. “The Long Beach race, he drove so perfect. He did everything perfect in the pits and we’re all just getting along so well.”
Sato was the second-fastest Honda driver heading into Friday’s practice, posting a fast lap of 223.660 mph. That number will certainly climb as drivers are given an additional boost of roughly 40 horsepower in this weekend’s qualifying. Chevrolet has dominated the speed charts all week, as they did a year ago, though the Honda engines were better on race day.
If that happens again May 26, Sato could give his fans another reason to celebrate.
“We come here with a clean sheet of paper,” he said. “I was so close last year. Knowing that now how to get there, what you need there, so it’s been a tremendous experience. Hopefully, I can translate it to, you know, translating to this year’s performance. Hopefully we’ll be smiling after that.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- ISTOOK: Obama's sleight of hand hides hidden government's work
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014