- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
HAGELIN: A personal, pro-family account of the horrors of being targeted by IRS
Question of the Day
Over the past 4 years, the Obama White House has projected its belief that power ought to reside in the all-knowing “government” rather than the people it serves. It’s nothing more than arrogance fed by power. The administration’s track record — of ignoring constitutional boundaries on religious liberty, executive powers and fiscal budgets — reflects an attitude that progressives are entitled to do whatever is necessary in order to further their radical agenda, no matter how many constitutional freedoms or limits they trample upon in the process.
How to save your family: Fight back, patriots
Americans, this is the time to stand up and demand accountability. The IRS employees implicated in the scandal, as well as their do-nothing superiors, must be fired. A thorough congressional investigation must be undertaken, in addition to the one the Obama administration’s Justice Department supposedly will conduct, to see how deep and wide the IRS scandal really is. New laws, along the lines of legislation proposed by Sen. Jeff Flake, Arizona Republican, to prohibit the IRS from discriminating on the basis of ideology, must be passed. Conservative groups that have been targeted unfairly must take their stories to the media and pursue justice in the courts.
It’s time to push back.
It’s also time to look ahead and gear up for the 2014 elections. We must clean house in Congress and restore the power of the American people, expressed in limited government. America’s freedoms will not survive if we do not stop the madness.
Continuing down the present road is unthinkable. Today, the IRS harasses citizens because of their political and religious views; tomorrow, the IRS, empowered by Obamacare, will harass citizens because of their choices regarding medical care and insurance. In the meantime, the government will build a massive database of Americans’ most sensitive, personal information, effectively at the disposal of thousands of faceless bureaucrats who, we are supposed to believe, will never stoop to snooping in or leaking such information.
It’s time to put an end to the “progressive” agenda that threatens all of our constitutional rights. It’s time to be a patriot. You can make your voice heard on the IRS scandal at a special website set up by another great organization with which I am associated, FreedomWorks. Simply go to FreedomWorksforMe.com to demand immediate action by our elected officials. Because when government tyranny strikes even one of us, all Americans lose.
• Rebecca Hagelin can be reached at rebecca@howtosave yourfamily.com.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Russia sends Iraq fighter jets, helicopter gunships for ISIL fight after meeting in Moscow
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq