- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport
- Prison inmates take up ‘Knockout’ game, target female officers
- U.S. Army hails success with drone-shooting laser
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
Daily Beast fires Howard Kurtz after it retracts blog post on Jason Collins
Kurtz had criticized Collins in his original blog post, saying he “didn’t come clean” about his engagement in the Sports Illustrated piece, when in reality, Collins mentioned it early in the article. In Kurtz’s amended version, he added that Collins “downplayed” the engagement and “didn’t dwell on it.”
“Under the direction of our newly named political director John Avlon we have added new momentum and authority to our Washington bureau,” Brown’s statement continued, “with columnists such as Jon Favreau, Joshua Dubois and Stuart Stevens joining our outstanding DC team.”
Mr. Kurtz tweeted Thursday afternoon that he enjoyed his time at the Beast, “but as we began to move in different directions, both sides agreed it was best to part company.”
“This was in the works for some time, but want to wish all my colleagues continued success with a terrific website,” he added.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 'Saturday Night Live' rushes to find black talent after criticism
- PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'
- Kim Jong Un executes ousted uncle, Jang Song Thaek: report
- Massachusetts brewery loses 1,500 gallons of beer in gasket leak
- Jane Fonda Foundation fails to make single contribution in 5 years: report
Latest Blog Entries
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- U.S. Navy-China showdown: Chinese try to halt U.S. cruiser in international waters
- Obama birther theories float as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- House budget bargain faces Senate filibuster; Republicans line up to oppose
- PRUDEN: The last living witnesses; they wore the yellow star and remember the Nazi terror
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- North Korea's official report on Jang Song Thaek
- Billy Graham near death, close to going home to be with the Lord
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- James Bond: The spy who is really an alcoholic
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topics will include politics, religion, race, culture, and anything else that needs to be discussed...
Our Choice: Individual responsibility and self-government or the abandonment of the American Revolution
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
John Glaser turns his pen toward foreign policy and international relations around the world
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow