- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash gets Emmy nod despite sex scandal
Question of the Day
Kevin Clash, the puppet voice behind Sesame Street's Elmo, has been nominated for a Daytime Emmy, despite allegations he's had sex with several underage boys.
He's denied all the allegations — though five who claim to be his victims have come forward with their charges, The New York Daily News reported.
The awards are to be announced in June. Mr. Clash was nominated in the "performer in a children's series" category, and he faces competition from others, including fellow Sesame Street characters: Papa Bear's voice, Joey Mazzarino, and Cookie Monster's David Rudman, the Daily News said.
Mr. Clash has been the voice of Elmo for almost 30 years. He's won the Daytime Emmy award 23 times, the Daily News said.
In November, he left Sesame Street under a cloud of scandal, telling producers he didn't want to be a "distraction," the Daily News reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq