- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash gets Emmy nod despite sex scandal
Question of the Day
Kevin Clash, the puppet voice behind Sesame Street's Elmo, has been nominated for a Daytime Emmy, despite allegations he's had sex with several underage boys.
He's denied all the allegations — though five who claim to be his victims have come forward with their charges, The New York Daily News reported.
The awards are to be announced in June. Mr. Clash was nominated in the "performer in a children's series" category, and he faces competition from others, including fellow Sesame Street characters: Papa Bear's voice, Joey Mazzarino, and Cookie Monster's David Rudman, the Daily News said.
Mr. Clash has been the voice of Elmo for almost 30 years. He's won the Daytime Emmy award 23 times, the Daily News said.
In November, he left Sesame Street under a cloud of scandal, telling producers he didn't want to be a "distraction," the Daily News reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world