- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash gets Emmy nod despite sex scandal
Kevin Clash, the puppet voice behind Sesame Street's Elmo, has been nominated for a Daytime Emmy, despite allegations he's had sex with several underage boys.
He's denied all the allegations — though five who claim to be his victims have come forward with their charges, The New York Daily News reported.
The awards are to be announced in June. Mr. Clash was nominated in the "performer in a children's series" category, and he faces competition from others, including fellow Sesame Street characters: Papa Bear's voice, Joey Mazzarino, and Cookie Monster's David Rudman, the Daily News said.
Mr. Clash has been the voice of Elmo for almost 30 years. He's won the Daytime Emmy award 23 times, the Daily News said.
In November, he left Sesame Street under a cloud of scandal, telling producers he didn't want to be a "distraction," the Daily News reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared?
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again