- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Golden State coach Mark Jackson fined $25,000
Question of the Day
OAKLAND, CALIF. (AP) - Golden State coach Mark Jackson was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Thursday for making public comments in an attempt to influence the officiating in the Warriors’ playoff series with Denver.
After Golden State’s 107-100 loss at Denver on Tuesday night, Jackson repeatedly mentioned Kenneth Faried’s foul in the first half, when the Denver forward stuck out his right leg and moved his body while Warriors star Stephen Curry ran through traffic.
“They tried to send hit men at Steph,” Jackson said. “There were some dirty plays early.”
Jackson also commented Wednesday before practice at the team’s headquarters.
“They’ll be physical again. They’ll try to beat up Steph Curry. They’ll try to set illegal screens. They’ll try to chuck him when he goes down the lane,” said Jackson, whose team took a 3-2 series lead into Game 6 on Thursday night. “Other than that, I’m not sure what to expect out of them.”
Denver Nuggets coach George Karl thought the reaction to his team’s Game 5 victory sounded like a “different movie than I’m watching.”
“If there’s a scorecard, if we’re in a boxing fight right now, they’re winning the fight,” Karl said Wednesday. “OK, we won round one, maybe our first round (Tuesday) night. I’m going to tell you, I’ll go to any arbiter right now and show the dirty shots. They’re winning.”
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors