- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Golden State coach Mark Jackson fined $25,000
Question of the Day
OAKLAND, CALIF. (AP) - Golden State coach Mark Jackson was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Thursday for making public comments in an attempt to influence the officiating in the Warriors’ playoff series with Denver.
After Golden State’s 107-100 loss at Denver on Tuesday night, Jackson repeatedly mentioned Kenneth Faried’s foul in the first half, when the Denver forward stuck out his right leg and moved his body while Warriors star Stephen Curry ran through traffic.
“They tried to send hit men at Steph,” Jackson said. “There were some dirty plays early.”
Jackson also commented Wednesday before practice at the team’s headquarters.
“They’ll be physical again. They’ll try to beat up Steph Curry. They’ll try to set illegal screens. They’ll try to chuck him when he goes down the lane,” said Jackson, whose team took a 3-2 series lead into Game 6 on Thursday night. “Other than that, I’m not sure what to expect out of them.”
Denver Nuggets coach George Karl thought the reaction to his team’s Game 5 victory sounded like a “different movie than I’m watching.”
“If there’s a scorecard, if we’re in a boxing fight right now, they’re winning the fight,” Karl said Wednesday. “OK, we won round one, maybe our first round (Tuesday) night. I’m going to tell you, I’ll go to any arbiter right now and show the dirty shots. They’re winning.”
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq