- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Rookies important contributors in NHL playoffs
Question of the Day
“You have many dreams growing up, and playing for the Cup is my biggest one,” said Coyle, a first-round pick by San Jose in the 2010 draft. “So it’s pretty special to be here and be with this group of guys. It’s a good group of guys, so it’s exciting.”
Brodin and fellow defenseman Ryan Suter stepped up after goalie Niklas Backstrom was scratched from Game 1 with a leg injury. Brodin played 34 minutes in his first playoff game and Suter was on the ice for 41 minutes, providing valuable support for backup goalie Josh Harding.
Zucker, who played six games for Minnesota last season, had a shot go off the crossbar in overtime in the playoff opener.
“I thought that all our young kids played a very good game,” Minnesota coach Mike Yeo said. “They were able to play their game and go out and execute.”
AP Sports Writers Will Graves in Pittsburgh and Dave Campbell in St. Paul, Minn., contributed to this report.
Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors