- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Study: Adults minimize steroid use as problem
“They’re getting all the news about the pro guys and what’s going on and how they got to where they are,” he said. “Who got scholarships and who didn’t get scholarships? Who looks good for the girls in high school? Who’s getting all the dates? The big guys. The muscle boys.”
The study was developed by the Center for Social Development and Education and the Center for Survey Research at the University of Massachusetts Boston, and it had an error margin of 4.3 percent.
“We’ve got enough kids using steroids to fill almost every major league ballpark or about 20 NFL stadiums,” Hooton said. “Coaches and teachers are always comfortable thinking this problem is going on in somebody else’s school, never going on with my kids.”
Gary Siperstein, director of the UMass program, wants the issue of steroid use addressed at early ages.
“When does the public think it begins?” he said. “The pathways begin at the high school level. The motivations are there at the high-school level and maybe the middle-school level. And the public doesn’t connect.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- 2-week truce for hot sauce maker, California city
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014