- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
QB Mitchell decides on North Carolina State
FAYETTEVILLE, ARK. (AP) - Former Arkansas quarterback Brandon Mitchell says he is transferring to North Carolina State to play his final season.
Mitchell was granted his release from the Razorbacks earlier this month, following a spring competition for the starting position that ended with the senior listed as the second-team quarterback to sophomore Brandon Allen.
The 6-foot-4, 239-pound Mitchell is on track to earn his degree this summer and will use the NCAA graduate-transfer exception to play immediately for the Wolfpack next season.
He visited several schools over the last two weeks before settling on North Carolina State, which was 7-6 last season.
Mitchell served as Tyler Wilson's backup two seasons ago, finishing 22-of-32 passing for 271 yards in limited action. He moved to receiver last summer in order to receiver more playing time.
By Daniel Pipes
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again