- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Redskins’ new training camp site a ‘field of dreams’
Question of the Day
Allen also said renewed talk that the Redskins’ nickname is offensive to native Americans “is a non-issue and it’s been a non-issue for decades. We really don’t get the talk that other people get because we hear from our fans, and our fans will always be our fans of the Washington Redskins,” he said.
A recent AP poll showed to 79 percent of fans surveyed nationwide favor keeping the nickname.
The Redskins will come into this season virtually unchanged from last season, save for a handful of free agent signees and draft choices, making this one of their most stable summers in recent memory.
The man at the helm, two-time Super Bowl winner Mike Shanahan, will be entering the fourth year of a five-year contract as coach, but Allen said no discussions have been held to talk about an extension.
“We have a season coming,” he said.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world