- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Redskins’ new training camp site a ‘field of dreams’
Allen also said renewed talk that the Redskins’ nickname is offensive to native Americans “is a non-issue and it’s been a non-issue for decades. We really don’t get the talk that other people get because we hear from our fans, and our fans will always be our fans of the Washington Redskins,” he said.
A recent AP poll showed to 79 percent of fans surveyed nationwide favor keeping the nickname.
The Redskins will come into this season virtually unchanged from last season, save for a handful of free agent signees and draft choices, making this one of their most stable summers in recent memory.
The man at the helm, two-time Super Bowl winner Mike Shanahan, will be entering the fourth year of a five-year contract as coach, but Allen said no discussions have been held to talk about an extension.
“We have a season coming,” he said.
By Daniel Pipes
Strict traditional laws impact modern life
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again