- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
Andy Murray out of French Open with back injury
Question of the Day
LONDON — Andy Murray has withdrawn from the French Open after seeking medical advice on his back injury.
The second-ranked Briton was forced to pull out of the Italian Open during his second-round match against Marcel Granollers of Spain last Wednesday because of a lower back complaint.
The U.S. Open champion met with specialists this week and has opted to now focus on preparing for the start of the grass-court season and Wimbledon next month.
Murray says in a statement: "It's a really tough decision and I love playing in Paris, but after seeking medical advice I am not fit to compete," adding "now my complete focus is on getting back on the court as soon as possible."
The French Open starts Sunday.
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq