- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
Giants RHP Vogelsong breaks hand, out 4-6 weeks
Question of the Day
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Giants right-hander Ryan Vogelsong has broken his pitching hand while batting against the Washington Nationals.
Vogelsong broke two bones along his pinkie and dislocated a knuckle in the same area when he fouled off a pitch in the fifth inning Monday night. He is scheduled for surgery Tuesday and expected to miss four to six weeks.
Vogelsong had a 6-0 lead when he got hurt and earned the win in San Francisco’s 8-0 victory, his first since April 11. He grimaced in pain and grabbed his hand after the swing. Manager Bruce Bochy and a member of the training staff came out to check on him, and Vogelsong quickly left the game to a warm ovation from the sellout crowd.
The former All-Star had been mired in a six-start winless stretch but appeared back on track Monday night with five scoreless innings of three-hit ball.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Humanists seek support from Congress on military chaplains
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Big milestone for Britain's little prince
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq