- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin: Damage from tornado bigger than Oklahoma City
Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin said Tuesday the damage from the tornado that ripped through her state is bigger than anything she’s seen in her 23 years in office, and Lt. Gov. Todd Lamb said it was “like a two-mile-wide lawnmower blade going over a community.”
“I’m very, very proud of the first responders and all the work that everybody’s done — it was an incredible scene at the site itself,” Ms. Fallin said on NBC’s “Today.” “I’ve been through the May 3rd tornadoes; I was here when the April 19th bombing hit Oklahoma City, destroyed the federal building. To me, this is bigger than anything I’ve ever seen. It’s absolutely huge; it’s horrific.”
Mr. Lamb shared a similar sentiment Tuesday morning on CNN’s “Starting Point.”
“We’ll continue to hope that we find life this morning and throughout the day, and we’ll continue to recover at the same time,” he said. “This tornado, to put in perspective, it’d be like a two-mile-wide lawnmower blade going over a community. So with the schools leveled, neighborhoods are wiped out, businesses are flattened, it’s significant, and the clean-up will be for some time.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Sherfinski covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Michael Bloomberg charts $50M challenge to NRA: 'Got to make them afraid'
- McAuliffe's PAC off to fast start, with $254,000 raised in two weeks
- Virginia Republican Bob Marshall stands by remarks that raise eyebrows
- Obama urged to enforce ban on importing military-style firearms
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.