- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Planned Parenthood rebrands ‘pro-choice’ as ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Peace is guns in the right hands
Question of the Day
On Memorial Day, we all have a chance to remember the real peace marchers of the world.
In 1917, American peace marchers were sent to save Europe from the kaiser and German aggression. In 1944, America sent its peace marchers to Europe and the Pacific to save us from Nazi and Japanese aggressors. Since then, we have sent American peace marchers to Korea, Vietnam and other far corners of the world to stop aggression by communists and other murderous dictators.
No peace was ever won by ponytailed professors leading ignorant, pot-smoking college students waving signs and wearing flowers in their hair. Peace is won by good people carrying guns to kill bad guys using guns to kill and impose their will on other people.
On Memorial Day, we can honor our fallen heroes by placing a sign in our windows reading, "We honor the real peace marchers." Every grave should have an American flag, along with a flag that says "Peace marcher." I believe the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars could raise the money to make the flags. Millions of Americans would contribute.
GORDON A. BLOYER
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Get Breaking Alerts
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politics and corruption driving water woes
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Laws should target criminals, not the law-abiding
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Temple Mount is still Judaism's holiest site
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If Israeli laid down its arms
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens