- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama, Planned Parenthood birds of a feather
What voice is louder on public policy than that emanating from the bully pulpit of the president? Yet how is our current president the moral superior of the infamous Kermit Gosnell? As a senator, Mr. Obama voted in favor of the destruction of newborn survivors of abortion. The execution of that very act Mr. Obama sanctioned was Gosnell’s crime — but only one of them is going to prison (“Murder: Gosnell guilty verdict hailed on both sides of abortion debate,” Web, May 13).
It is no wonder the president is the de facto spokesman for Planned Parenthood, the poster child of the abortion industry. Theirs is a symbiotic relationship: Planned Parenthood supplies Mr. Obama financial support, and Mr. Obama gratefully reciprocates with vows to perpetuate the hundreds of millions of dollars annually raked in by the abortionists. They are birds of a feather.
Of course, their use of the ironic label “women’s reproductive rights” makes everything all right and aboveboard, with the courts blind to the subterfuge, and Mr. Obama ascends from criminal enabler to champion of a state-sanctioned “choice.”
It is said one hand washes the other. However, in the case of Planned Parenthood and Mr. Obama neither will be ever be able to wash away the blood of their innocent victims.
East Northport, N.Y.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Probe Boston teen's medical, custody case
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support a modern-day Tiananmen protest
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An honorable president would resign
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable